hbase-user mailing list archives

From James Baldassari <ja...@dataxu.com>
Subject Re: Create table with one version only
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2010 02:17:45 GMT
I recently had to do something similar both programmatically in a unit
test and from the hbase shell.  I'm not using an index, but this is
probably similar to what you're doing:

HTableDescriptor table = new HTableDescriptor("tableName");
HColumnDescriptor column = new HColumnDescriptor("columnFamily");
column.setMaxVersions(1);	// Limits versions to 1
table.addFamily(column);

HBaseAdmin hBaseAdmin = new HBaseAdmin(...);
hBaseAdmin.createTable(table);

>>From the hbase shell:

create 'tableName', {NAME=>'columnFamily', VERSIONS=>1}

Hope this helps.

-James