hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Wim Van Leuven" <wim.vanleu...@highestpoint.biz>
Subject RE: [Announce] HBql
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 21:39:54 GMT
Hello Paul,

Looks very interesting. One consideration, though, regarding annotated
objects: wouldn't it be enormously interesting to (try to) reuse the JPA
annotations?

Another very interesting aspect on easing HBase development would be some
nifty support for necessary facets or satellites (looking for some good term
coining here). By facets/satellites I mean the fact that some data needs
denormalization for sake of performance. Updating the annotated source
record should also update its facets/satellites spread across other tables.

Just an idea.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Ambrose [mailto:pambrose@mac.com]
Sent: dinsdag 5 januari 2010 21:49
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: [Announce] HBql

Hi,

I have been working on an abstraction layer for HBase that I hope
HBase users will find helpful.

Highlights include:
* A dialect of SQL for HBase (usable in the console, scripts, and code)
* JDBC bindings
* JDBC-like bindings that support annotated objects and generics
* Query Executors that make threaded result reading simple
* Simplified filter writing for server and/or client
* Index support

HBql is a work in progress and I am open to feedback and suggestions.
I am still working on the docs, so the examples and javadocs are pretty
lame.

Have a look at: http://www.hbql.com

Cheers,
Paul