hbase-user mailing list archives

From Zhenyu Zhong <zhongresea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase store format
Date Sun, 20 Dec 2009 03:26:56 GMT
I am very appreciated for such a great documentation.

I have a question.

When Memstore is flushed to disk, is it flushed to HFile or WAL? Is Memstore
also handled by RegionServer?
The document also says there is another thread serving the request in
Regionserver which writes the data to HFile in HDFS.
I assume the data in memstore will be flushed to HFile via RS, am I right?
If not,  what is the difference between  the data on WAL and the data in
HFile?

How often does HBase truncate the WAL?

thanks
zhenyu