hbase-user mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: startRow and endRow doesn't work when use HBase mapreduce
Date Wed, 23 Dec 2009 07:59:29 GMT
Hi Sandy,

Have a look here: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-1829

I added tests to check if that all works as advertised and it indeed
does. But only with the next forthcoming versions I am afraid. With
the released versions I would have assumed at least the scan works
fine but still scans the whole table while simply skipping the rows
outside the given range. Do you see it not working at all?

Lars

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 8:46 AM,  <Sandy_Yin@trendmicro.com.cn> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> The startRow and endRow of Scan doesn't work when use HBase mapreduce. The job always
scans the entire table.

> Is there any reason for this or I misuse?
>

> Example code:
>
> Scan scan = new Scan();
>
> scan.addFamily(...);
>
> scan.setStartRow(startkey);
>
> scan.setStopRow(endkey);
>
> TableMapReduceUtil.initTableMapperJob(tableName,scan, mapperClass, ImmutableBytesWritable.class,Put.class,
job);

> Thanks.
>

> TREND MICRO EMAIL NOTICE
> The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be
subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that
you notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.