hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mark Vigeant <mark.vige...@riskmetrics.com>
Subject RE: ZooKeeper Exception during job
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 15:39:51 GMT
Oh ok, whew, thanks lars!

-----Original Message-----
From: Lars George [mailto:lars@worldlingo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 10:38 AM
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: ZooKeeper Exception during job

Hi Mark,

Yes, those are common, ZK is too verbose :) As you can see, these are
WARN level log events only, so nothing to worry about. It means the
connection got stale or somehow else severed and it reconnected.

Lars

Mark Vigeant schrieb:
> Hey-
>
> I was running a write-intensive job overnight and when I checked in this morning it had
taken longer than I anticipated so I looked at the logs and found that ZooKeeper had a brief
disconnection about an hour into it. I pasted a snippet of the log here ->  http://pastebin.com/m47ab4c74

> The problem resolved itself after about 40 seconds, yet the WARN messages repeated a
bunch of times in that short period. Is this something that just happens or is there a way
to keep the servers connected? Thanks!

> Mark Vigeant
> RiskMetrics Group, Inc.
>

> This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients
and may contain proprietary and/or confidential information which may be privileged or otherwise
protected from disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
the original message and any copies of the message as well as any attachments to the original
message.