hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ravi <ravikapoor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I use hadoop inside hbase?
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 03:34:50 GMT

I installed hbase as described here:
http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/docs/current/cygwin.html

I am only using it for development purposes only, hence no concerns
about performance etc. I can bet millions of people would love an easier
windows install for development/experimentation purposes.

So back to my original question, how can I use hadoop inside hbase?

Andrew Purtell wrote:
> I should also add that HBase running in standalone mode without Hadoop is only useful
for limited testing and I don't recommend it.

see http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/GettingStartedWithHadoop

>> HBase does not have a Windows distribution per se, so I am a little confused about
just what you have installed. I presume you downloaded the HBase release tarball.

>>    - Andy
>>

>> On Sun Nov 29th, 2009 3:57 PM PST Ravi wrote:
>>

>>> I am using the windows distribution, it must have come with hadoop built in as
I did not install hadoop separately. The distribution however does not have any hadoop commands
or shell scripts.

>>> So looks like this is a hbase windows distribution issue?

command line script 'bin/hadoop' is available in your Hadoop installation. Just put the Hadoop
bin/ dir on the path along with the HBase bin/ dir.
but that is missing the shortcuts, e.g. instead of

in lib/, your mileage will vary. Just put the Hadoop bin/ dir on the path along with the HBase
bin/ dir and use the appropriate one for the circumstances.

DFS. How do I add hadoop commands to hbase distribution?