hbase-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: Starting HBase in fully distributed mode...
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 17:40:17 GMT
Cool.  Didn't know there were scripts in the trunk for HBase.  Will
definitely try those.

Should I first run the scripts for Hadoop (from <Hadoop>/src/contrib/ec2)
and then run scripts for HBase (from <HBase>/src/contrib/ec2)?  Or would the
HBase scripts install/format HDFS automatically for me so that I don't need
to install Hadoop separately?

In other words, what should be my approach:

1)  Launch 3 instances on EC2.  Run HBase scripts against them.

OR

2)  Launch 3 instances on EC2. Install Hadoop.  Format HDFS.  Start HDFS.
 Run HBase scripts against these instances?

Please let me know.  Thanks.