hbase-user mailing list archives

From Richard Dorman <rich...@bengueladev.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper hostname lookup
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 07:25:07 GMT
On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 18:11 -0800, Jean-Daniel Cryans wrote:
> I created a new jira about checking every bits of info we can to do
> the comparison, please try my patch from

Unfortunately this won't work in our environment. We register our names
with a custom service and are not running DNS.

As an interim fix I have patched the wrapper to look for hostnames in an
environment variable if the default host check fails. This has addressed
my problem in the short term.

Richard