hbase-user mailing list archives

From Lars Francke <lars.fran...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about compound keys with two/multiple strings
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 01:32:12 GMT
> If you need to be able to scan/lookup based on two different key/values,
> then you will most likely need duplicate tables or duplicate rows.
>
> This is common when you need to support two different lookup/read patterns.

Thanks for the answer. I had hoped there was some kind of (order
insensitive) hash function for multidimensional data that generates
the same hash regardless of the order of elements but I've worked my
way through a fair share of papers without finding something. I had
just hoped I was missing the obvious.

Lars