hbase-user mailing list archives

From Adam Fisk...@littleshoot.org>
Subject hbase versus cassandra
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 19:34:23 GMT
Hi Everyone- I'm implementing a new data layer and am struggling to
decide between HBase and Cassandra. The primary advantages of HBase as
far as I can tell are:

1) Tighter integration with Hadoop, making it easier to run M/R for
reporting and analytics
2) Better caching layer

Cassandra's thrift API seems a little more fleshed out to me, and
Facebook and Twitter give it a strong stamp of approval.

Read performance is a major concern in our case. Can anyone lend a
hand in this debate? It seems difficult to me because there are likely
few people who have done significant implementations in both, but any
help is much appreciated.

Thanks so much.

-Adam

--