hbase-user mailing list archives

From Adam Silberstein <silbe...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Record limit in scan api?
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 19:43:29 GMT
   Hi,
Is there a way to specify a limit on number of returned records for scan?  I
don¹t see any way to do this when building the scan.  If there is, that
would be great.  If not, what about when iterating over the result?  If I
exit the loop when I reach my limit, will that approximate this clause?   I
guess my real question is about how scan is implemented in the client.  I.e.
How many records are returned from Hbase at a time as I iterate through the
scan result?  If I want 1,000 records and 100 get returned at a time, then
I¹m in good shape.  On the other hand, if I want 10 records and get 100 at a
time, it¹s a bit wasteful, though the waste is bounded.

Thanks,
Adam