hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: EC2 scripts
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 07:13:36 GMT
As for convenient ssh between master and slaves, that's an easy thing to set up. I'll put up
an issue for that.

On Wed Nov 18th, 2009 11:07 PM PST Andrew Purtell wrote:

>1) How long did you wait before logging on to the master and checking status? I bet if
you checked the slave instances status at that time (e.g. using elasticfox) they were still
pending startup. The slaves are started last and EC2 may not start them right away nor all
at once.

>2) The way private keys work with EC2 instances you must supply the EC2 private key using
-i unless you also use this as your default private key, set up the appropriate config (man
5 ssh_config), or build your own private instance with your default key already installed.

>On Wed Nov 18th, 2009 9:49 PM PST Naresh Rapolu wrote:
>
>>Hello ,
>>
>>We were trying to use the  src/contrib/ec2  scripts.  All the instances started well,
 but from  hbase shell, on the master ,  a   " status 'simple' "   listed  0  live servers.
Also , we are not able to ssh into any of the slave instances from the master,  without using
 " shh -i  private_key.pem  ".   (ie)  ssh is not configured to be used without a password
and with automatic keys.   I guess, the instances still maintain the creator`s private key.
  Did they work for any others, apart from the creator ?   Even the  JIRA page shows that
 it didnt completely work  for  St.Ack.