hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to flush memstore to filestore ?
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:52:24 GMT
Forgive what might be a dumb question, but did you change your HBase rootdir to something other
than the default (which is in /tmp)?

In the HBase shell there is a command 'flush' which will force persistence of anything in
memstore, but this should not be needed in normal operation unless you disabled writes to
WAL with Put.writeToWAL(false).

   flush         Flush all regions in passed table or pass a region row to
                 flush an individual region.  For example:

                 hbase> flush 'TABLENAME'
                 hbase> flush 'REGIONNAME'

Best regards,

   - Andy

________________________________
From: Jeff Zhang <zjffdu@gmail.com>
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Tue, November 24, 2009 10:11:03 PM
Subject: How to flush memstore to filestore ?

Hi all,

Today, I do some put operation on hbase , and then I shutdown hbase, when I
restart it again, find that all the data I put in just now is lost.

I guess because hbase first write the data in memstore rather than
filestore, so how can I flush memstore to filestore ? Is there any command
for this purpose ?

Thank you

Jeff Zhang