hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Zhang <zjf...@gmail.com>
Subject Exception : From an unknown user
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:34:10 GMT
Hi all,

I meet a problem that I can not connect the HBase using Java API.

The is my simple Java code:

HBaseConfiguration conf=new HBaseConfiguration();
        HBaseAdmin admin=new HBaseAdmin(conf);

        HTableDescriptor[] tables=admin.listTables();
        for (HTableDescriptor table:tables){
            System.out.println(Bytes.toString(table.getName()));
}

And I put the hbase-site in classpath.  Here is the message:

Exception in thread "IPC Client (47) connection to /10.148.224.11:60020 from
an unknown user" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseClient$Connection.receiveResponse(HBaseClient.java:518)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseClient$Connection.run(HBaseClient.java:448)

But I debug the program and found the exception is happend at line  518 of
file HBaseClient (the bold line):

        boolean isError = in.readBoolean();     // read if error
        if (isError) {
          call.setException(new RemoteException(
WritableUtils.readString(in),
              WritableUtils.readString(in)));
        } else {
          Writable value = ReflectionUtils.newInstance(valueClass, conf);
          value.readFields(in);                 // read value
        *  call.setValue(value);*
        }

Is this a bug or does it need any extra configuration to tell the hbase
cluster who is the client ?

Jeff Zhang