hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase 0.20.1 Distributed Install Problems
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 14:55:55 GMT
When you try to start the region servers, what do you see in the log?

If you don't change the client port (hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort), does it work?

     - Andy

________________________________
From: Jeff Zhang <zjffdu@gmail.com>
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Tue, November 10, 2009 2:40:28 PM
Subject: Re: HBase 0.20.1 Distributed Install Problems

Hi,

I meet the same problem that I can not start the regionserver.

When I invoke zk_dump

it shows:

HBase tree in ZooKeeper is rooted at /hbase
  Cluster up? true
  In safe mode? true
  Master address: 10.148.224.13:60000
  Region server holding ROOT: null
  Region servers:

The following is my hbase-site.xml

<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
    <value>true</value>
    <description>The mode the cluster will be in. Possible values are
      false: standalone and pseudo-distributed setups with managed Zookeeper
      true: fully-distributed with unmanaged Zookeeper Quorum (see
hbase-env.sh)
    </description>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
    <value>hdfs://sha-cs-04:9000/hbase</value>
    <description>The directory shared by region servers.
    </description>
  </property>
  <property>
      <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort</name>
      <value>2222</value>
      <description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.
      The port at which the clients will connect.
      </description>
   </property>
   <property>
      <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
      <value>sha-cs-01,sha-cs-02,sha-cs-03,sha-cs-05,sha-cs-06</value>
      <description>Comma separated list of servers in the ZooKeeper Quorum.
      For example, "host1.mydomain.com,host2.mydomain.com,host3.mydomain.com
".
      By default this is set to localhost for local and pseudo-distributed
modes
      of operation. For a fully-distributed setup, this should be set to a
full
      list of ZooKeeper quorum servers. If HBASE_MANAGES_ZK is set in
hbase-env.sh
      this is the list of servers which we will start/stop ZooKeeper on.
      </description>
    </property>

</configuration>

What's wrong with my configuration ?