hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Ratner, Alan S (IS)" <Alan.Rat...@ngc.com>
Subject HBase Installation Difficulties
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2009 21:04:48 GMT
I'm trying to install HBase in stand-alone mode on a laptop running
Ubuntu.  I can get as far as running HBase with the "help" and "version"
commands but when I try any of the other commands (such as "create" or
"list") I get something like:

hbase(main):002:0> create 't1'
09/11/30 15:37:48 DEBUG client.HConnectionManager$ClientZKWatcher: Got
ZooKeeper event, state: SyncConnected, type: None, path: null
09/11/30 15:37:48 INFO client.HConnectionManager$TableServers: getMaster
attempt 0 of 5 failed; retrying after sleep of 2000
java.io.IOException:
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException: KeeperErrorCode =
NoNode for /hbase/master
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWrapper.readAddressOrThrow(Zo
oKeeperWrapper.java:332)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWrapper.readMasterAddressOrTh
row(ZooKeeperWrapper.java:240)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.getMaster
(HConnectionManager.java:318)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.<init>(HBaseAdmin.java:72)

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong?