hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mark Vigeant <mark.vige...@riskmetrics.com>
Subject RE: hbase-test
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2009 16:13:33 GMT
Hey J-D

That is the error that shows up at the end of most failed TEST-* files. 2 interesting things
to note: none of the tests had "failures," only "errors." This still caused them to fail.
Also, the tests each ran *mini HDFS clusters* instead of running on top of my existing one.
Is that supposed to happen? The list of failed tests is huge.

Here is the complete list of failed tests:
TestBatchUpdate, TestClient, TestForceSplit, TestGet, TestGetRowVersions, TestHBaseAdmin,
TestHTable, TestListTables, TestOldAPIGetRowVersions, TestOldAPIHTable, TestOldAPITimestamp,
TestPut, TestScannerTimes, TestTimestamp, TestTableIndex, TestTableMapReduce, TestTableIndex,
TestTableMapReduce, TestTimeRangeMapRed, TestRegionManager, TestCompaction, TestGetClosestAtOrBefore,
TestHLog, TestLogRolling, TestScanner, TestStoreFile, TestEmptyMetaInfo, TestHBaseCluster,
TestInfoServers, TestMasterAdmin, TestMergeMeta, TestMergeTable, TestRegionRebalancing, TestScanMultipleVersions,
TestTable, TestZooKeeper, TestThriftServer,and TestMergeTool

The same error was caused by the following four problems. I suspect there's some weird lack
of communication between my namenode and my hbase cluster?

Could not get block locations. Source file "/user/hadoop/.META./1028785192/.regioninfo"
Could not get block locations. Source file "/hbase/testSplit/hlog.dat.1259154481471"
Could not get block locations. Source file "/user/hadoop/hbase.version"
Could not get block locations. Source file "/user/hadoop/regionname/familyname/7117946442331006053"

TestStopRow had these different exceptions:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestScanner.testStopRow(TestScanner.java:142)
java.io.IOException: Cannot lock storage /home/hadoop/hbase-0.20.2/build/test/data/dfs/name1.
The directory is already locked.

Another interesting thing to point out is that in all the failed tests there are a few warnings
that come up a lot (if not every time):
2009-11-25 12:12:01,539 WARN  [Thread-60] hdfs.DFSClient$DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer(2304):
DataStreamer Exception:    java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "0:0:0:0:0:0:1:36361"
2009-11-25 11:36:42,163 WARN  [org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataXceiverServer@63a5ec6c]
datanode.DataXceiverServer(137):      DatanodeRegistration(0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:42220, storageID=DS-325721370-10.7.20.54-42220-1259152601715,
infoPort=56993,      ipcPort=47506):DataXceiveServer: java.nio.channels.AsynchronousCloseException

Thank you so much for your time, I apologize for the long email. I really want to get this
to work, and I have a feeling that so many errors in the tests will prevent me from getting
it to. Thanks!

-Mark