hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mark Vigeant <mark.vige...@riskmetrics.com>
Subject RE: hbase-test
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:37:55 GMT
I just ran the "ant test" and a bunch of the tests failed. Upon looking at the logs, this one
error came up:

Could not get block locations. Source file "/user/hadoop/hbase.version" - Aborting...
java.io.IOException: Could not get block locations. Source file "/user/hadoop/hbase.version"
- Aborting...
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSOutputStream.processDatanodeError(DFSClient.java:2505)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSOutputStream.access$1600(DFSClient.java:2078)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.run(DFSClient.java:2241)

I found the file hbase.version somewhere else on the dfs and I moved it to /user/hadoop/ and
ran it again but the tests are still failing for the same reason. Any thoughts?

-Mark
-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Rawson [mailto:ryanobjc@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:04 PM
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: hbase-test

A follow up - our jars are also not standalone, they have a number of
dependencies which live in lib/*.  The shell scripts in bin/* can boot
up and run hbase and other tools, and set the classpath automatically.
 If you dont want to do that for some reason, add every jar in lib/*
and the built jars in 'build'.

-ryan

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Mark Vigeant
<mark.vigeant@riskmetrics.com> wrote:
> To be more clear the error I get when I run
> Java -jar hbase-0.20.2-test.jar
> Is
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/conf/Configuration
> Caused by:

> Could not find the main class: org/apache/hadoop/hbase/PerformanceEvaluation

getting the error that there's no main class and I can't find anything written about it.

> Thanks!
>
> Mark Vigeant
> RiskMetrics Group, Inc.
> One Chase Manhattan Plaza
> 44th Floor
> New York, NY 10005
> (p) 646-778-4142
>

> This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients
and may contain proprietary and/or confidential information which may be privileged or otherwise
protected from disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
the original message and any copies of the message as well as any attachments to the original
message.