hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Antonio D'Ettole" <coda...@gmail.com>
Subject Zookeper not found in the classpath?
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:46:49 GMT
Hi folks,
I was trying to run the RowCounter example on my hadoop cluster. I followed
the instructions at
http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/package-summary.htmland
modified my HADOOP_CLASSPATH . I can tell this works because by
invoking

./bin/hadoop org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.RowCounter mytable

the rowcounter example starts and the job is submitted to the jobtracker.
Alas, all task attempts exit with this exception:

Error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.zookeeper.Watcher

I'm _sure_ I added the right zookeper library to the path because when I
remove it the process exits immediately with the exception

org/apache/zookeeper/Watcher

and the process isn't even launched. By putting the jar file back into the
classpath, the job is submitted and started but i'm back to the first
exception. Does anyone have an idea what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks

Antonio