hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tux Racer <tuxrace...@gmail.com>
Subject newbie question on disk usage on node with different disk size
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 19:14:15 GMT
Hello Hbase Users!

I am trying to find some pointers on how to configure hbase region
server and in particular how the disk will be filled on each node.

Say for instance that I have a small cluster of 3 nodes:
node 1 has a 100Gb disk
node 2 has a 200Gb disk
and node 3 has a 300 Gb disk

is there a way to tell hbase that it should store the keys
proportionally to the he node disk space?
(i.e. to have at some stage each disk filled at 50%: 50/100/150 Gb of
space used)

Or is that a pure Hadoop configuration question?
I looked at the files in the ~/hbase-0.20.1/conf/ folder with no luck.

Thanks
TR