hbase-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Zookeeper Error:
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 23:53:37 GMT
Are you able to connect to the ZK quorum using the ZK shell?

http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/current/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_zkMulitServerSetup

specifically try (replace "host" with fry or leela - test both hosts):

java -cp zookeeper-3.2.1.jar:lib/log4j-1.2.15.jar:lib/jline-0.9.94.jar
org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain -server host:2181

which should output something like:

Connecting to host:2181
Welcome to ZooKeeper!

WatchedEvent: Server state change. New state: SyncConnected
[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 0]

The shell should indicate if you are able to connect or not, then try
something like:

ls /

[badd1, fo3, foo::bar, p1, zookeeper, p0, foo:bar]
[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 1]

and see if that works?

Patrick

Mark Vigeant wrote:
> Hey-
>
> So I'm trying to run a HBase 0.20.2 test instance on a 4 node hadoop 0.20.0 cluster.
I have a 2-server ZK 3.2.1 quorum and I started putting HBase on the nodes, but I'm running
into a problem: Whenever I try to create a test table or something I get-
> NativeException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.NotAllMetaRegionsOnlineException
> Then a huge trace. Now, I think this has to do with my zookeeper instance, but I'm not
entirely sure. In my 2 zk nodes I have the following zoo.cfg:

> tickTime=2000
> dataDir=/home/hadoop/zookeeper-3.2.1/data
> clientPort=2181
> initLimit=5
> syncLimit=2
> server.1=fry:2888:3888
> server.2=leela:2888:3888
>
> The way I start zookeeper is by running bin/zkServer start on both, and they then go
through leader election etc. Is there something else I should run?

> Thanks a lot. I apologize for being a total n00b. Also, I know zookeeper is a 2n+1 system
but I don't know how to run a 1 server quorum without having it run in standalone mode.

> Mark Vigeant
> RiskMetrics Group, Inc.
>

> This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients
and may contain proprietary and/or confidential information which may be privileged or otherwise
protected from disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
the original message and any copies of the message as well as any attachments to the original
message.