hbase-user mailing list archives

From Naresh Rapolu <nrap...@purdue.edu>
Subject limiting the number of keys per region server
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2009 23:05:10 GMT
Hello,

We are running a MapReduce program over HBase using  TableMapper.  But
due to the limited amount of data ( which is sitting in one region
server) , only 1 Map task is being spawned  for the map phase.
We are aware that one Map Task is spawned for every region server that
contains keys in that table. But we want to have several Map tasks to
increase parallelism. Can we manually either specify the number of keys
in one region server  or  can we split the present region server ?

Thanks,
Naresh