hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can I use hadoop inside hbase?
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2009 01:39:34 GMT
If you want to run Hadoop commands, then you must install Hadoop of course. Please see http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/GettingStartedWithHadoop

HBase does not have a Windows distribution per se, so I am a little confused about just what
you have installed. I presume you downloaded the HBase release tarball.

    - Andy

On Sun Nov 29th, 2009 3:57 PM PST Ravi wrote:

>I am using the windows distribution, it must have come with hadoop built in as I did not
install hadoop separately. The distribution however does not have any hadoop commands or shell
scripts.

>So looks like this is a hbase windows distribution issue?
>

>Andrew Purtell wrote:
>> To run HBase you must have installed Hadoop underneath. The Hadoop top level command
line script 'bin/hadoop' is available in your Hadoop installation. Just put the Hadoop bin/
dir on the path along with the HBase bin/ dir.
>> You can also run some Hadoop applications using the HBase command script, but that
is missing the shortcuts, e.g. instead of

>>     hadoop fs -copyFromLocal ...
>>
>>   it is
>>     hbase org.apache.hadoop.fs.FsShell -copyFromLocal ...
>>
>> This will work for DFS but for other filesystems which need supporting jars in lib/,
your mileage will vary. Just put the Hadoop bin/ dir on the path along with the HBase bin/
dir and use the appropriate one for the circumstances.
>>   - Andy

How do I add hadoop commands to hbase distribution?