hbase-user mailing list archives

From Amandeep Khurana <ama...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase Index: indexed table or lucene index
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 06:18:05 GMT
What kind of querying do you want to do? What do you mean by query
performance?

Hbase has secondary indexes (IndexedTable). However, its recommended that
you build your own secondary index instead of using the one provided by
Hbase.

Lucene is a different framework altogether. Lucene indexes are for
unstructured text processing (afaik). How did you end up linking the two?

-Amandeep