hbase-user mailing list archives

From Peter Rietzler <peter.rietz...@smarter-ecommerce.com>
Subject HTable.put() with Hbase 0.20.1
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2009 18:23:45 GMT

Hi

We currently switch from HBase 0.19.3 to 0.20.1 and experience very slow
inserts in comparison to 0.19.3.

Inserting 10.000 rows with around 100 columns (pretty small content) per row
takes around 26 seconds. I am using HTable.put(List<Row>) with batches of
1000 rows. I've already set HTable.setAutoCommit(false) and tried to set the
write buffer size to around 12MB (as seen in some previous posts).

Our test currently just uses a standalone instance of HBase. With 0.19.3 the
insert took a couple of seconds (using BatchUpdate).

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Peter