hbase-user mailing list archives

From Julien Ruchaud <julien.ruch...@codelutin.com>
Subject Re: newbie: need help on understanding HBase
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:46:24 GMT
Le Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:13:08 +0700,
Imran M Yousuf <imyousuf@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> I am absolutely new to HBase. All I have done is to read up
> documentation, presentation and getting a single instance up and
> running. I am starting on a Content Management System which will be
> used as a backend for multiple web applications of different natures.
> In the CMS:
> * User can define their content known as content type.
> * Content can have  one-2-many one-2-one and many-2-many relationship
> with other contents.
> * Content fields should be versioned
> * Content type can change in runtime, i.e. fields (a.k.a. columns in
> HBase) added and removal will not be allowed just yet.
> * Every content type will have a corresponding grammer to validate
> content of its type.
> * It will have authentication and authorization
> * It will have full text search based on Lucene/Katta.

Hi Imran,

Reading your requirements, we are just working on something quite
similar right now.

Our solution is still in development but you should have a look,
maybe you will find something interesting in it. It is based on
HBase/Solr for data storage and search. We created special entities we
called Wikitties in order to help us out with those specific topics.

I will not explain in details here how it works, but if you are
interested, you can have a look to our website : www.sharengo.org.

More specific pages you can have a look to :
http://wiki.sharengo.org/xwiki2/bin/view/MarcoPolo/CoreDeveloperDocumentation-WikittyCore
http://wiki.sharengo.org/xwiki2/bin/view/MarcoPolo/CoreDeveloperDocumentation-CoreImportantFacts
http://wiki.sharengo.org/xwiki2/bin/view/MarcoPolo/CoreDeveloperDocumentation-BusinessServiceWikittyCore
(the last page might not be really up-to-date, but you should be able
to have a quick glance to what we are doing)

I hope this might help you, and do not hesitate if you have other
questions related to this.

Julien.