hbase-user mailing list archives

From Zhenyu Zhong <zhongresea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: regarding to HBase 1316 ZooKeeper: use native threads to avoid GC stalls (JNI integration)
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 22:19:12 GMT
Ryan,
I am very appreciated for your feedbacks.
I have set the zookeeper.session.timeout to seconds which is way higher than
40ms.
In the same time, the -Xms is set to 4GB, which should be sufficient.
I also tried GC options like

 -XX:ParallelGCThreads=8
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC

I even set the vm.swappiness=0

However, I still came across the problem that a RegionServer shutdown
itself.

Best,
zhong