hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Ananth T. Sarathy" <ananth.t.sara...@gmail.com>
Subject regionservers in general and on EC2
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 16:50:01 GMT
I am little confused about regionserver set up

after adding

<property>
   <name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
   <value>true</value>
   <description>The mode the cluster will be in. Possible values are
     false: standalone and pseudo-distributed setups with managed Zookeeper
     true: fully-distributed with unmanaged Zookeeper Quorum (see
hbase-env.sh)
   </description>
 </property>

to the hbase-site.xml on the master I still need to edit the regionserver
file. Do i just put the ip addresses of the regionservers i want to add?

finally, on the instances that I want to run regionservers, do I just use
the start-hbase.sh script? do I need to edit the regionserver file on those
machines as well? Am I missing a page that that explains this more clearly?
I feel kind of stupid asking any of this, but I think  i am missing
something.

Ananth T Sarathy