hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Fail to connect a remote hbase server with java api
Date Sat, 24 Oct 2009 16:45:11 GMT
Just open all ports?  Start there and then shut them down after you have
things working?

So, accessing the hbase servers using a local client works but remotely, you
can't get to the hbase cluster?

If so, thats networking or in your web project context, you are not picking
up the hbase-site.xml that points at the remote cluster.  Try setting the
quorum into the HBaseConfiguration instance on start of your web app --
conf.set("hbase.zookeeper.quorum", "ZK1, ZK2...");.

St.Ack