hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: is there any problem with our environment?
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2009 16:13:45 GMT
On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 3:18 AM, Zheng Lv <lvzheng19800619@gmail.com> wrote:

> so,
>    > please remove the delay so hbase fails faster so it doesn't take so
> long to
>    > figure the issue.
>    > Are you inserting every 10ms because hbase is falling over on you?  If
>    Yes I inserted every 10ms because I'm afraid hbase would fall over. Now
> I have removed the delay.
>
>    After doing these, We have run the test program again, and one region
> server shut down after about 2 hours, another one 3.
>    I will post the logs on these two servers in following reply mails.

Thanks for doing the above.

For the future, debugging, please enable DEBUG and put your logs somewhere
where I can pull them or put them up in pastebin.  Logs in email messages
are hard to follow.  Thanks.

>    > Ok.  So this is hbase 0.20.0?  Tell us about your hardware.  What kind
> is
>    > it?  CPU/RAM/Disks.
>     Yes we are using  hbase 0.20.0. And the following is our hardware:
>
>    CPU:amd x3 710
>    RAM:8g ddr2 800
>    Disk:270g(raid0)

Thats an interesting chip -- 3 cores!  The above should be fine as long as
you coral your mapreduce jobs running on same cluster.

>    We have 7 servers with above hardware, one for master, three for
> namenodes / regionservers, and the other 3 for zks.
>    By the way, what kind of hardware and environment do you suggest we
> have?

This configuration seems fine to start with.  Later we might experiment
running zk on same machines as regionservers and then up number of
regionservers to 6 and up the quorum members to 5.

St.Ack