hbase-user mailing list archives

From Joost Ouwerkerk <jo...@openplaces.org>
Subject [ANN] BigRecord object-data mapping for Ruby on Rails
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:14:26 GMT
Hello Ruby developers,

We're open-sourcing (MIT) our Ruby object-data mapping layer for
column-oriented distributed databases (i.e. HBase).  *BigRecord* is heavily
based on ActiveRecord, so its syntax should be familiar for Rails users.

We're currently using a Drb driver running in jRuby to talk to HBase using
its native Java client. The BigRecord layer is abstracted from HBase and to
prove it, we've also written a basic Cassandra driver.

You can install BigRecord and BigRecord Driver as gems.  The first version
(0.0.5) is available now.  See http://www.bigrecord.org for more details.
We've been using this release internally for about a month now and it is
stable.

Looking forward to feedback from other Ruby + HBase users,

Joost Ouwerkerk
openplaces.