hbase-user mailing list archives

From Woosuk Suh <pipoke...@gmail.com>
Subject NotServingRegionException on .META. table?!
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 05:21:03 GMT
Using 0.20.0 version of HBase, I frequently face the exception
"NotServingRegionException" caused by the .META. table.
After searching for the log, I found out the following log, which looks very
suspicious.The log is attached to this mail within a text file named
"piece_of_log.txt".

Why would the .META. region be closed?
Any idea or suggestion, please?

FYI, I`m running HBase 0.20.0 on 4 machines which has Intel Quad Core CPU
and each has 5GB of Physical Memory.
HBase is running with 1536MB size of heap. The network bandwidth between the
node is 1Gb.
My HBase cluster has almost 1000 regions, so assigned 250 to each
regionserver, using lzo compression.

Sincerely,
Woosuk Suh.

P.S :: Spam score error makes me unable to attach log to the mail directly
:(