hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ken Weiner <...@gumgum.com>
Subject Re: regionservers in general and on EC2
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 17:40:39 GMT
You can put IP addresses or host names of the region servers in the
regionservers file.  If you start HBase using start-hbase.sh on the master,
it will use the entries in this file to start each region server for you.
Make sure your master can SSH to each region server without a password.  The
regionservers file isn't used on the region server nodes themselves, but
most people keep the config files in sync across the cluster anyway.  If you
want to stop/start a region server after the cluster is already running, you
could use "hbase-daemon.sh stop|start regionserver" from the region server
node.