hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mark Vigeant <mark.vige...@riskmetrics.com>
Subject Map/Reduce with HTable Source
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 20:26:38 GMT
Hey-

So I'm writing a program to count the frequency of each value in an HTable, using RowCounter
as an example. My problem is, however, that when I use TableMapReduceUtil.initTableMapperJob
for some reason it doesn't use the mapper class specified. Instead it just prints out the
scan to a file...

Here's the snippet of code:
      public static Job createSubmittableJob(Configuration conf, String input,
                  String output) throws IOException {
            Job job = new Job(conf, NAME);
            job.setJarByClass(ErrorCount.class);
            Scan scan = new Scan();
            scan.addFamily(Bytes.toBytes("Message"));

            TableMapReduceUtil.initTableMapperJob(input, scan,
                        ErrorCounterMapper.class, ImmutableBytesWritable.class,
                        Result.class, job);
            job.setNumReduceTasks(0);
            FileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(job, new Path(output));
            return job;
      }
Any thoughts? Thanks a lot!

Mark Vigeant