hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mark Vigeant <mark.vige...@riskmetrics.com>
Subject NoNode Exception?
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 14:57:20 GMT
Hey-

So I've been messing around with HBase 0.20.0 for the past couple of weeks on some virtual
machines (with ubuntu), and for whatever reason every week or so I get thrown a ton of exceptions
and have no idea what to do except format the nodes and reinstall everything. Basically I
get this :

org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException: KeeperErrorCode = NoNode for /hbase/master

but it's silly because I know the master is running (when typing jps it says HMaster and HQuorumPeer
are running fine) so I was wondering if there was a patch or something that fixes this...
I don't think this is because of something I did because it occurs randomly. I don't know.
I throw myself at the mercy of the listserve.

Mark Vigeant
RiskMetrics Group, Inc.