hbase-user mailing list archives

From kranthi reddy <kranthili2...@gmail.com>
Subject Hbase Installation
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 08:04:15 GMT
Hi all,

 I am new to Hbase and am having some troubles in understanding how it
works.

I am trying to setup Hbase in distributed mode with 2 machines in my
cluster. I have hadoop up and running on these 2 machines.

I have tried to configure hbase so that it handles zookeeper on it's own.
These 2 machines also act as regionservers as well. My Hbase-site.xml looks
like this.

""""""""""""<property>
 <name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
 <value>true</value>
 <description>The mode the cluster will be in. Possible values are
 false: standalone and pseudo-distributed setups with managed zookeeper
 true: fully-distributed with unmanaged zookeeper quorom (see hbase-env.sh)
 </description>
</property>
<property>
 <name>dfs.replication</name>
 <value>3</value>
</property>

<property>
<name>hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort</name>
<value>2181</value>
<description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.
The port at which the clients will connect.
</description>
</property>

<property>
<name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
<value>10.2.44.131,10.2.44.132</value>
<description>Comma separated list of servers in the ZooKeeper Quorum.
</description>
</property>""""""""""

When I start hbase, zookeeper is started successfully on both machines along
with regionservers as well.

But when I try to run a map code which reads inputs from a text file and
loads them into a table in the hbase, Map runs only on "10.2.44.131" server
which is also the master of hbase. I am unable to understand why
"10.2.44.132" machine doesn't run the Map code to insert into the table?

I am able to perfectly execute commands from hbase shell on both these
machines, as to reading the values from table, manipulating the table
etc....

Why is that the 2nd machine "10.2.44.132" not able to run the Map function.

Thank you ,
kranthi reddy. B