hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sylvain Hellegouarch ...@defuze.org>
Subject Re: Capacity planning
Date Sun, 18 Oct 2009 14:58:49 GMT
Ryan Rawson a écrit :
> On top notch modern hardware, with tweaking, and some client luck, a
> regionserver can do up to 55k inserts/sec.  Maybe more with some
> tweaks I'm planning.

Ryan, I feel those are a tad vague terms but they raise my curiosity
considering we, too, reach about 10k inserts/s on a very small cluster
and we do consider 10k/s to be a very comfortable range already but a
45k difference is a massive increase.

What is considered modern hardware in your book? What sorts of tweaking
are you suggesting? How to tests those tweaks?

You do right mentioning luck because beyond the obvious it seems that
all the literature on HBase can offer us (and yes I'm aware of the
PerformanceTunning page ;)).

- Sylvain