hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase client query
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 23:59:58 GMT
Keith,

This is exactly what I said in my first email, by default the value is
localhost and the IP it points to depends on your OS config which in
your case is 127.0.1.1

The thing with hbase.master is that since HBase is now capable of
handling master failover, this value would only make sense if the
master never dies or if the new master has the same address. Also,
pseudo-distributed is more meant for local operation so instead of
running it inside a VM you should run it directly in OSX... unless
there's a particular reason why you want to maintain a VM.

J-D