hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NoNode Exception?
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 15:06:08 GMT
Mark,

By default the data is stored in /tmp which is cleared regularly, did
you change hbase.tmp.dir or hbase.zookeeper.property.dataDir?

Also do you get other exceptions in the master and regionserver logs?

J-D

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Mark Vigeant
<mark.vigeant@riskmetrics.com> wrote:
> Hey-
>
> So I've been messing around with HBase 0.20.0 for the past couple of weeks on some virtual
machines (with ubuntu), and for whatever reason every week or so I get thrown a ton of exceptions
and have no idea what to do except format the nodes and reinstall everything. Basically I
get this :

> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException: KeeperErrorCode = NoNode for /hbase/master
>
> but it's silly because I know the master is running (when typing jps it says HMaster
and HQuorumPeer are running fine) so I was wondering if there was a patch or something that
fixes this... I don't think this is because of something I did because it occurs randomly.
I don't know. I throw myself at the mercy of the listserve.