hbase-user mailing list archives

From <guillaume.vil...@orange-ftgroup.com>
Subject two times more regions after update
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 14:03:45 GMT
Hello, i would appreciate explanations concerning the following point.
I have an indexed table of 25M rows (44 regions after initial data insertion). The IndexedTable
has been created with all the default attributes except that all columns are set with MaxVersions
to 1. Only one column is indexed.
After one whole update of the table with exactly the same data (a kind of rewrite of the whole
table), the table ended up with 84 regions. In my mind, I should have stayed (more or less)
with the same amount of region ?
Thanks in advance.

Guillaume Viland (guillaume.viland@orange-ftgroup.com)
FT/TGPF/OPF/PORTAIL/DOP Sophia Antipolis

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for
the addressees.
Messages are susceptible to alteration.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform
the sender.