hbase-user mailing list archives

From Doss_IPH <d...@intellipowerhive.com>
Subject Re: java api error: connection to HMaster
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 04:20:04 GMT

Hi all,
 The below code will explain to connect hbase server using hbase api. you
have to add library both hadoop-0.19.0 and hbase-0.19.3 in you classpath.

I have created small sample UI application using HBase. I have given source
also you can refer it.

For more details access URL:
http://intellipowerhive.com/products.php

/**
 * @author Arockia Doss S
 * @email doss@intellipowerhive.com
 * @url http://www.intellipowerhive.com,http://www.dossinfotech.com
 * @comments You can use and modify this page for your usage.
 */

package com.iph.hbase.conf;

import org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path;
import org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration;

public class IPHConfiguration  implements java.io.Serializable {

    //IP and Home Directory has to be modified according to your environment
    private static final String hbaseMasterValue = "172.21.1.53";
    private static final String hbaseHomeDirectory = "/home/hbase-0.19.3/";

    //It is not modified code.
    private static final int hbaseMasterPort = 60000;
    private static final String hbaseMasterName = "hbase.master";
    private static final String hbaseSite =
hbaseHomeDirectory+"conf/hbase-site.xml";
    private static final String hbaseDefault =
hbaseHomeDirectory+"conf/hbase-default.xml";

    public static HBaseConfiguration getConf() {
        HBaseConfiguration conf = new HBaseConfiguration();
        conf.set(hbaseMasterName, hbaseMasterValue + ":" + hbaseMasterPort);
        Path hbaseSitePath = new Path(hbaseSite);
        Path hbaseDefaultPath = new Path(hbaseDefault);
        conf.addResource(hbaseSitePath);
        conf.addResource(hbaseDefaultPath);
        return conf;
    }