hbase-user mailing list archives

From Schubert Zhang <zson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Client API questions
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2009 16:04:11 GMT
@JG

Aside above tow features, I am considering following framework:

Sometimes, we want to modify/update a cell value, but the update depends on
the current value.
IIRC, it is very slow when read+update+write (GET+UPDATE+WRITE). De you
think this requirement is reasonable?

Maybe we can provide a programming framework in client API, to let the user
of client API provide user-defined operations.
For example, one cell's current value is a integer 100, and the user want to
increase 1, the user can provide a user-define class and serialize and send
to RS, then the RS can do the operation on this cell.

Schubert