hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: use hbase to store realtime logs
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 03:46:42 GMT
You could use hbase to do this.  Why not just put them into hdfs (Check out
tech like facebook's scribe).   If you do put them to hbase, make sure you
provision your cluster with sufficient firepower (measure write rate to a
single node then size appropriately giving yourself a decent amount of elbow
room to grow in).

Unix timestamp is not enough to uniquely specify log entries, not if you are
doing 100k a second.  You may have to design a better key than this.  Add a
sequence number or some such.

St.Ack

Other architectures that you might consider are writing files locally and
then on a period pushing to hdfs.