hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Mapreduce dameons?
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 13:49:12 GMT
On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 1:33 PM, Keith Thomas <keith.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess if I have to run both HBase and Hadoop in at least pseudo
> distributed mode then I need to reconsider if I can avoid the use of
> map/reduce in my app.

Well, hadoop is in the hbase CLASSPATH. If you are doing standalone hbase,
you should be able to continue in this vein even though you now want to run
mapreduce.  For example, try:

./bin/hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.RowCounter

(You'll need to provide some args to the above -- running above command will
output usage)

This runs the RowCounter job in a 'standalone' hadoop system (all up in the
one JVM)

Maybe thats enough for you while testing?

St.Ack