hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Any basic documentation about using filters with hbase?
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 18:18:34 GMT
I'm afraid that there is a paucity of documentation on filters (to be
addressed in upcoming releases):
http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.20.0-candidate-3/docs/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/package-summary.html#package_description

The principals though need little by way of documentation as they are
simple: running filtering code server-side will be more efficient than
filtering data on the client-side because of savings packaging and
transporting.

St.Ack