hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Cassandra vs HBase
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 07:15:54 GMT
On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 11:37 PM, Schubert Zhang <zsongbo@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Do you need to keep it all?  Does some data expire (or can it be moved
> > offline)?
> >

> Yes, we need remove old data which expire.

When does data expire?  Or, how many Billions of rows should your cluster of
10-20 nodes carry at a time?

 The data will arrive with a minutes delay.

Usually, we need to write/ingest tens of thousands of new rows. Many rows
> with the same timestamp.

Will the many rows of same timestamp all go into the one timestamp row or
will the key have a further qualifier such as event type to distingush
amongst the updates that arrive at the same timestamp?

What do you see the as approximate write rate and what do you think its
spread across timestamps will be?  E.g. 10000 updates a second and all of
the updates fit within a ten second window?

Sorry for all the questions.

St.Ack