hbase-user mailing list archives

From charles du <taiping...@gmail.com>
Subject hbase and map/reduce hookup
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 01:13:15 GMT
Hi:

I installed hbase 0.19.3 and hadoop 0.19.1. I tried to run the BulkImport
example on http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/MapReduce, get the following
error.

        "org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException: localhost:60000"

>From the error message, it looks like the hadoop looks at the wrong place
for the hbase configuration. I  added paths to hbase-0.19.3.jar,
hbase-0.19.3-test.jar, hbase/conf to ""export HADOOP_CLASSPATH =" in
'hadoop-env.sh', populated the change to every hadoop machine, and restarted
hadoop.

Is there anything else I need do? btw: 'hbase shell' and my java program to
scan hbase works fine.

Thanks.

--
tp