hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Sylvain Hellegouarch" ...@defuze.org>
Subject Is the thrift server a likely bottleneck?
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 08:04:30 GMT
Hi,

We've been setting up our architecture at work using HBase quite
extensively but since we are developing in Python we have chosen to sue
Thrift to converse with the HBase cluster.

Now it does look like you can only start one single Thrift server per
machine? Could it be a bottleneck in comparison to writing directly into
HBase when using many clients writing rather rapidly?

Could I leverage that potential bottleneck by starting more than one
Thrift server on a given machine (that would require I assume being able
to pass a specific configuration to HBaseConfiguration in ThriftServer,
right?

Is there any potential feedback on the matter? I'm a little worried that
Thrift cannot actually cope above a certain load but I lack experiences on
the subject.

Thanks,
- Sylvain
--