hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: questions about hbase tables operations
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 15:52:20 GMT
I know that PS use the REST API, probably others, and they have MR
jobs. Stack could tell more.

So a typical system using HBase has a lot of data that doesn't fit
will inside a RDBMS. You have to shard, denormalize, break the joins,
etc. So HBase can be used for a live web site via one of its API: the
native Java, the Thrift and the REST API. You can do operations like
increments, gets, puts, deletes and scans. If you need to batch
process your data, you do it with MR. The Bigtable paper gives good
examples of that kind of usage.

J-D