hbase-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problem running Hbase & Katta together on EC2
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 13:58:16 GMT
There is indeed a mix up. I talked about zoo.cfg since I thought you
were starting the quorum yourself but you aren't since Katta's doing
it.

Because Katta handles ZK in your setup, any config passed to HBase
that are related to handling ZK quorum peers are ineffective. Setting
the maxClientCnxns in HBase in your case won't change anything, you
have to set it in Katta (I don't know where). That is, that config is
passed to the class booting the ZK processes so if HBase doesn't
handle ZK it won't be used.

Clearer? ;)

J-D

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Yair
Even-Zohar<yaire@audiencescience.com> wrote:
> Now I'm completely baffled. I'm using hbase 0.20 rc2, I thought zoo.cfg is now gone.
>
> The quorum is handled by Katta. That is, once I run Katta is handles zookeeper internally.
> I thought that all the ZK related properties (e.g. zk client/server ports etc,) are passed
via hbase-site (or hbase-defualt).
>
> Is my assumption wrong?
>
> Thanks
> -Yair
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: jdcryans@gmail.com [mailto:jdcryans@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jean-Daniel Cryans
> Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 3:32 PM
> To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
> Subject: Re: problem running Hbase & Katta together on EC2
>
> Is your ZK quorum handled by HBase or you started it yourself? In the
> later case, this configuration goes into your own zoo.cfg since this
> is a quorum peer conf.
>
> J-D
>
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Yair
> Even-Zohar<yaire@audiencescience.com> wrote:
>> Unfortunately, that's not the solution in my case.
>> I set maxClientCnxns to 0 in hbase-site.xml and restarted the regionservers &
master but the errors are exactly the same.
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: jdcryans@gmail.com [mailto:jdcryans@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jean-Daniel Cryans
>> Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 1:45 PM
>> To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: problem running Hbase & Katta together on EC2
>>
>> Yair,
>>
>> Unless you are either using a very old or very new version of
>> zookeeper, it should be ok since they don't change their RPC. The ZK
>> shipped with HBase only has addons to make it easier to start a quorum
>> peer without a zoo.cfg
>>
>> Those exceptions are very generic, they only mean that the processes
>> are unable to connect to your quorum.
>>
>> While developing HBase to work with ZK I found that it's very easy to
>> run out of client connections. Try setting maxClientCnxns to 0 or add
>> machines to the quorum. That's a limit on a socket level so all
>> processes on a same machine share it.
>>
>> J-D
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 6:37 AM, Yair
>> Even-Zohar<yaire@audiencescience.com> wrote:
>>> Hbase runs perfectly well as long as it manages zookeeper Katta runs
>>> well on EC2
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> However, when running katta (which is based on internal zookeeper
>>> management) I'm getting some zookeeper errors from Hbase (below):
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Looking at the errors, it seems that hbase is not familiar with Katta's
>>> zookeeper so I tried to use the same zookeeper jar but got the same
>>> errors.
>>>
>>> I found hbase -1311 and 1315 that are related but that's supposed to be
>>> resolved.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Has anybody seen this behavior?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> -Yair
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> For the master I get:
>>>
>>> 2009-09-01 06:14:30,584 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper: Initiating
>>> client connection, host=domU-12-31-39-01-A4-52.compute-1.internal:2181
>>> sessionTimeout=60000 watcher=Thread[Thread-0,5,main]
>>>
>>> 2009-09-01 06:14:30,586 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:
>>> zookeeper.disableAutoWatchReset is false
>>>
>>> 2009-09-01 06:14:30,593 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Attempting
>>> connection to server
>>> domU-12-31-39-01-A4-52.compute-1.internal/10.255.171.160:2181
>>>
>>> 2009-09-01 06:14:30,599 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Exception
>>> closing session 0x0 to sun.nio.ch.SelectionKeyImpl@d05c13
>>>
>>> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>>>
>>>        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
>>>
>>>        at
>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:574)
>>>
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:885)
>>>
>>> 2009-09-01 06:14:30,600 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Ignoring
>>> exception during shutdown input
>>>
>>> java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException
>>>
>>>        at
>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdownInput(SocketChannelImpl.java:638)
>>>
>>>        at
>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownInput(SocketAdaptor.java:360)
>>>
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.cleanup(ClientCnxn.java:951)
>>>
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:922)
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> For the regionServers I get:
>>>
>>> 2009-09-01 06:12:34,454 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Exception
>>> closing session 0x0 to sun.nio.ch.SelectionKeyImpl@a613f8
>>>
>>> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>>>
>>>        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
>>>
>>>        at
>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:574)
>>>
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:885)
>>>
>>> 2009-09-01 06:12:34,459 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Ignoring
>>> exception during shutdown input
>>>
>>> java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException
>>>
>>>        at
>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdownInput(SocketChannelImpl.java:638)
>>>
>>>        at
>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownInput(SocketAdaptor.java:360)
>>>
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.cleanup(ClientCnxn.java:951)
>>>
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:922)
>>>
>>> 2009-09-01 06:12:34,460 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Ignoring
>>> exception during shutdown output
>>>
>>> java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException
>>>
>>>        at
>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdownOutput(SocketChannelImpl.java:649)
>>>
>>>        at
>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownOutput(SocketAdaptor.java:368)
>>>
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.cleanup(ClientCnxn.java:956)
>>>
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:922)
>>>
>>> 2009-09-01 06:12:34,572 WARN
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWrapper: Failed to set
>>> watcher on ZNode /hbase/master
>>>
>>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
>>> KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase/master
>>>
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:90)
>>>
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:42)
>>>
>>>        at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.exists(ZooKeeper.java:649)
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message